Here’s what we managed to get done & checked off the list today:
- kale chips
- beef & venison stew
- meat lover’s egg bake
- delicious citrus salad dressing
- cucumber salad
- tomato salsa
- chicken broth
- whipped butternut squash
- clean berries
- cut & marinate chicken
By the time the end was in sight, I realized we really didn’t have food ready for tonight, so I whipped together an impromptu omelet (would you call that I brinner?) with pan fried Portobello mushrooms and spinach, topped with the salsa I just put together, side of coriander spiced butternut squash and wedge of purple yams. Yum.
Of all the things we made, I’m particularly excited about the salad dressing, not only because it tastes absolutely delightful, but also because I used Carlson’s Orange Flavored Cod Liver Oil, which makes it a Double Agent: part condiment – part nutritional super-hero. I love double duty foods.
Delicious Citrus (“Super-hero”) Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup Carlson’s orange flavored cod liver oil
- Place the ACV and spices in a food processor and blend;
- Drizzle in the oil slowly while the blender is going;
- Adjust spices to taste; and
- Pour those yummy Omega 3’s all over your salad completely guilt-free!